Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Earth Hour!

At 8.30pm today, I turned off all the lights and electrical appliances and experienced my manufactured blackout for exactly one hour and 5 minutes. During that one hour, I wrapped some presents in the dark and played the piano by touch. Hence, I have officially participated and celebrated the Earth Hour this year.

Earth Hour is celebrated globally every year, with many countries participating in this act to save earth. I remember celebrating it frequently in Malaysia as a result of blackouts during thunderstorms or for some other random reason in the middle of the day. My usual modus operandi for such occasions is to play the piano or sleep. If I have to do work, out comes the torch-lights and candles. However, such appliances usually lead to shadow games and wax artwork...with the eventual result that no work gets done anyway.

On the more fun stuff.

Yesterday was the school walkathon. Wahoo! Instead of participating in the actual walk, Year 12's were responsible for creating food stalls and activities for the tired juniors at the end of the walk. My group decided to have a Mehndi stall. Was it popular! We were supposed to work in shifts, but that went out the window the minute the lines started building up. I was pretty hyper (as usual) and working non-stop actually left me pretty thrilled. That and the fact that I was gorging myself on food for one hour prior to the arrival of the juniors. My only complaint about it is that everyone wanted the elaborate designs. Elaborate designs hurt. However, there is that strange sense of satisfaction whenever I complete a complicated design and it turns out pretty. At the end of the day my hands were splotched and mottled brown from mehndi stains and resembled some weird skin disease. But my group raised 297.5 dollars! Whooo!

Tomorrow I shall work on an elaborate design to cover up those stains. Today I shall rest. XD

Cheers!
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!