Friday, January 15, 2010

The strangest things fascinate me

When it comes down to things that catch my attention, I am a baby.

I was visiting this remarkable heritage site the other day, with tons of history behind it, meaning it was a gold mine full of interesting observations to be made. And the first thing I observed? Grass. It sounds underwhelming, but to a person like me, touch-me-nots are lots of fun. I sat there poking and irritating the clump of sensitive plants until my dad made me haul ass to look at real stuff. It was completely worth the entrance fee. =D

Then there was this other time when I had a glass cup full of hot tea and ice in it. This is most certainly not the first time I had a glass cup full of hot tea with ice in it. Yet, I was completely enthralled by the melting ice and oblivious to my surroundings. There is just something fascinating about layers of melted ice water mixing with tea...

Another incident was the ant incident. It was raining, I was bored, the school bell was going in five agonizing minutes, and then this ant crawls onto my table. The innocent little ant captures my attention. I just sat there watching the poor, lost ant crawl all over my table. Before I knew it, the bell rang.

So there. Now you know that if I'm staring hard at something mundane, I'm not visiting planet Mars. I'm actually observing that mundane thing.

Cheers!

Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!