Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inappropriate things make me laugh

Maybe they aren't that strange. It's just that sometimes what I laugh at doesn't seem that funny to other people. But seriously, what isn't funnier than the words "Bad juju"? Every time I hear someone say that, bubbles of laughter threaten to rise and consume me from within. Somehow, those words don't convey that sense of urgency and danger that it is supposed to be associated with. Say it. "Bad juju!" Doesn't it sound a lot like scolding a very cute pet named Juju? It just like how I say "Bad Bobby!" when my dog bites my slipper (which has, over the years, been downgraded to his chew toy). In reaction to that, my dog sits down and just looks at me. Yeah, we trained him well. >.<

Funny thing number two: interactions between guys and girls. Especially when guys try to woo girls. Regarding this, I'll admit that I can seem a bit mean because I find almost everything about it funny. Especially when a guy is doing it to me. Hmm, no wonder the attention has dwindled over the years...Jokes, jokes, I laugh because it's how I deal with stressful or surprising situations - it really doesn't happen to me that often. But let me explain myself. I am not a person who laughs on purpose to spite people. That I am not. I laugh because the slightly sadistic part in me automatically reacts to the masochistic part of the whole process. Basically, I don't think when I find things funny.

Anyway, wooing involves throwing away pride. And unfortunately, the modern girl doesn't automatically fall down to her knees when they see a guy do that. An example would the group of guys I saw singing to a girl eating her lunch. They were actually pretty good; backup singers, guitar, drums, the whole gangbang. But the girl had this woe betide expression of "Leave me ALONE" on her face. Everyone saw the guys and went "awww". I saw the girl and laughed.

I ran off because I immediately felt embarrassed about laughing. The guys were trying their hardest. The girl was trying her hardest to put up with them. Then this intruding stranger laughs. Aiks. Point is, I found that whole situation highly amusing.

Something else I witnessed that was highly amusing (to me):

Girl: Tell me you love me.
Boy: I love you.
Girl: Shyte! You're supposed to say "no"! Now you've just made the whole break up harder!
Boy: ...

I bailed again. Had to laugh out loud somewhere more private or face getting more dirties and be called a meanie again.

If I exchanged positions with the girls in both situations, I would be laughing. Somehow, I think that my reaction would have probably offended those guys more than their prospective partners. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm NOT those girls after all.

Dear Buddha, I am sorry for my habit of laughing at in appropriate things. I will try my hardest to merge with the crowd and conduct the behavior appropriate to the situation. Today, I have already managed to not laugh when I saw a ball hit an inattentive person in the head. Instead I ran up to the person, inquired after his well being, kicked away the offending ball and gave him an icepack.

And then I turned away and laughed.

Cheers!
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!