Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Super short Ode for the Holiday

Holiday, so near yet so far,
I seek your comfort as the days
Pass by like tumbling sand in the
Howling wind that blows outside,
Welcoming the cold embrace of
Winter as Autumn fades away.

My call for your presence cannot
Be answered. Time follows no one;
Even now He scampers away
Into the Past, just moving on

As I ponder the meriment
Of having more time for leisure.

And still, you are the very best
At giving out time for me to
Relax. When you are here I will
Gratefully remember your kind
hand and cherish every moment
Spent in that glorious reprieve. But,

Holiday, I see you dancing
Just at the horizon, and with
You I see your marching legions
Of work that I need to complete
And study. The Trial is coming
Right behind you. I am forewarned. *

* unfinished

Please excuse the language and structure. My Extension 1 English subject is a study on Romanticism, which includes romantic poetry, and all the reading and creative writing has gone into my head a little. Although I cannot say that this is written in true Romantic style, it is not true modern either, and it is a bit melancholic, which is not typical of me during the day. Nighttime is a time of magic and change...And I should probably stop staying up to study and get distracted by the internet.

Cheers!
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!