Sunday, June 20, 2010

Death of a mess and "shopping"

After several days of deep studying for ongoing exams, I decided that I could not longer ignore the mess growing around me. What clued me in was the fact that when I moved, an avalanche of stationary and paper tumbled onto the floor.
An hour of hard filing passed before I could see my table again. Ahah! I have proven the existence of a table underneath the mountain of papers. (I'm serious. I actually lost sight of my table for a couple of days. The laptop was perched precariously atop a growing pile of notes.) Stationary still covers most of the surface, but I am satisfied with the patches of wood that I can see. The mess has been terminated midway through its invasion of my bedroom.

Yesterday,  I went shopping with my friends for a birthday present for another friend. We ate at this wonderful Japanese hot plate restaurant called Pepper Lunch. They served raw slices of beef/salmon/chicken on a hot plate with rice, corn and spices, and you had to stir it around to cook the meat. Yum. Hot plates are the best in winter. And the smell was heavenly.

After lunch came the actual shopping. We looked at handbags. Makeup. I gave a few feeble opinions before deciding that the best way I could help out was to help carry the purchases. We joked that my friends no longer need to invite a guy out just to help carry things. The other joke was that if I ever went shopping with a male acquaintance there would be no need for him to help me carry things. I am entirely self-sufficient - Not. My idea of makeup was colourless vitamin E enriched lip-balm. With only 10 AUD left to spend, my suggestion was perfect (actually, there were a lot of mixed opinions about the lip-balm and it was accepted with some reluctance), until we came across a small bottle of Japanese hand cream with cherry blossom fragrance. Guess which suggestion was tossed. XD That's why I stuck to carrying things.

Cheers!
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!