Friday, June 4, 2010

The "Sam Par Lo"

Please forgive the bad spelling of Cantonese pinyin. What the title basically means is "rural person". Or so my mom tells me. Basically I'm going to post a few things that I have come across in Australia that I won't in Malaysia. My fascination with them is similar to how a rural person acts in the city. WHOAAAR!!!! XD

1. Seeing people put on makeup/ nail polish in school.
2. Pronouncing intestines "in-tes-stines" instead of "in-tes-stins"
3. Having a microwave, fridge, tv and stereo exclusively for Year 12 in school .
4. Year 12 school jerseys.
5. The concept of being in Year 12.
6. The concept of going to Uni next year.
7. Fredo chocolate.
8. Fast internet connection.
9. Access to computers in the school library. Actually, the whole school library.
10. Winter.

Haha...I told my dad about this "Sam Par Lo" concept. He laughed and said I was more of a "chou lo" than anything else. Cue me banging knee on the table. Dad said, "I rest my case".

Cheers!
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!