Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crazy World

The world has gone crazy on me. After one term of discussing Einstein's theory of relativity and a sleepless night, everything looks a bit...weird.

I was walking back from school when I made the observation that the pole in my path was making its way towards me instead of me moving towards the pole. At the same time it was not me that was pushing against the earth and exerting a force that enables me to walk but the earth that was pushing against me and exerting a force equal to the force I exerted and thus allowing me to lift my feet. I felt that I was not "walking" but continually falling until a force is exerted by my other foot that enables me to "stop"/change direction. It was also observed that I could be "stationary" and it was the earth that was moving beneath my feet and changing the direction in which I was traveling.

This is pretty scary stuff for a person who was surviving the day on a high from sleep deprivation. I ran home and curled up in bed, only to feel the bed moving beneath me. But I figured out that this could be explained by the blood circulating my head. Flinging myself onto the bed after running did not allow my circulating blood to change direction as fast as my body was, thus creating the sensation that I (or the bed) was still moving even though I had already "stopped". Liquids don't move as fast as solids. Same reason why the Earth has a spare tire around its equator.

Happy Anzac Day! Although theoretically I should not say "happy" since it is in fact a day that commemorates the Australian and New Zealand soldiers that fought in WWI.

I probably should stop thinking so much now. I'd be heaps happier.

Cheers!
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!