Friday, April 8, 2011

Don't. Kill. Lions. (or any other animals for that matter)

My recent Math lecture lead to the composition of this poem : 


The lion sat atop her head,
Sleeping sweet never to wake.
Its glorious mantle glistened groomed,
Unaware of its passed doom.
Its claws were filed, its teeth shone bright,
Very pretty in the light.
Behold the gems in its proud crown,
Frames the fright in frozen frown.
The rare person will hear its sighs,
For open plains and blue skies.
The frozen snarl, a limpid tail,
Reminders of a hunt's tale.
The lion sat atop her head,
One day it will also fade.


This was inspired by some "traditional headgear" that I thought I saw in the newspaper. At the awkward angle that I was reading it, the dead lion looked real enough, but when I consulted the same paper a few hours later, it turned out to be a plastic mask. >.< Thank goodness. Nonetheless, I hope people will be more aware that they should stop killing animals to wear them. They are part of our ecosystem. Animals may be animals, but they have feelings too.
Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Mythical Beasts

Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!